CANDLE CARE 101
QUICK TIPS TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR LUXURY CANDLE EXPERIENCE
Curating the ambience in your home space can be quite the investment. Check out this quick list to get the most from your handcrafted scents.
- CUT IT OUT. Before each burn, you want to ensure your wick is trimmed properly. Keeping your wick trimmed ensures your candle burns evenly and at a steady pace. Higher flame = Quicker Burn. Keep cotton wicks trimmed to around 1/8", and wood wicks around 1/4" Here are some signs you may need to snip your wick a bit.
- The tip of your cotton candle wick shapes into a mushroom.
- The flame on your candle reaches higher than 1.5".
- You notice smoke coming from your candles, and your candle container turning black
- Click HERE to check out our Heavy Duty Wick Trimmers.
- LET IT BURN. On the initial burn, let your candle burn for at least 2hrs. (No longer than 4hrs). This will ensure your candle burns evenly across, and prevents what's known as "tunneling".
- BREATHING ROOM. Make sure your candle has room to burn and breathe, and fill the room with wonderful smells. Keep candles in well ventilated areas, and away from drafts. This prevents the flame from burning too soon, and the wick from shifting.
- SNUFF DON'T BLOW. Take the advice from someone who knows, blowing out the flame on your candle can end in DISASTER! Blowing can actually ignite the flame, and if your face is directly in front of it... trust me, it ain't pretty. Keep your face gorgeous and snuff the flame. Pick up a candle snuffer or wick dipper HERE.